Tuesday, April 7, 2009

OMG, the Prez is Like Totally My BFF

The CW has announced the premiere of the new "reality" series Blonde Charity Mafia starring young Washington, D.C. socialites. The show was originally set to appear on the Lifetime network before Project Runway, but that deal fell through.

According to the CW network, it will feature DC's most influential "20-something Alpha Girls" who "run the D.C. social circuit from charity events to society parties."

Hated it. But - alas - like any other faux reality series, I’ll find myself watching it, screaming at the television for the entirety of the show and then making a point to watch it the next week. That’s how I got sucked into The Hills and the Real Housewives of Orange County series - and now watch both shows religiously (Le sigh). What is it about these shows that the more I loathe them, the more I am actually attracted to them? I'm convinced that the reality television phenomenon is simply a social experiment in how to dumb down seemingly intelligent people.

Blonde Charity Mafia will premiere on Tuesday, July 7 at 9pm ET and run through August 4.

1 comment:

Alex said...

Reality shows are bad for people =P.