Monday, November 10, 2008

Mike Huckabee: Barack Obama, My President

Check out the below editorial written by Mike Huckabee on FoxNews.com:


It's no secret that I personally supported John McCain for president. I agreed with him on core issues and he and I are in the same party, but I also truly believe he's an extraordinary and honorable American hero.

I campaigned hard for him — to the point of losing my voice in fact. But Americans elected Barack Obama and it's time to put the election behind us and the country in front of us. Barack Obama wasn't my choice, but come January 20, he will be my president. I will pray for him and his family. I want him to be successful in leading our country.

I will not seek to see all of his faults and none of his qualities.

Some of President Bush's harsh critics went beyond loyal opposition and engaged in angry, vile and mean-spirited hate. Those of us who found that kind of attitude and behavior despicable can hardly engage in similar conduct toward a President Obama.

We can show our true patriotism conducting ourselves in the way that we wanted people to have treated President Bush.

The rest of the article is here.

No comments: