Tuesday, September 30, 2008

McCain Blames Palin Gaffe on 'Gotcha Journalism'

My apologies for the spotty coverage over the last few days, my friends! The school year is in full swing and statistics has drained me of my snarky ways. When I came back to life from seemingly endless reading this morning (i.e. turned on CNN), I realized that I'd rather be in denial that the world is falling apart around me. Speaking of denial - I'm skipping over the bailout blues for some comic relief...

So Palin enjoyed humiliating herself so much in her interview with Katie Couric that she went back and brought her running mate (I mean.. uh..) along with her. Katie Couric asked Palin about a statement she made this weekend that the U.S. should launch attacks from Afghanistan into Pakistan to "stop the terrorists from coming any further in."

In that comment, Palin seemed to be voicing the same position McCain had attacked Obama for stating in the debate on Friday. John "I'm About to Lose My Temper" McCain responded with, "I understand this day and age gotcha journalism... Grab a phrase. Gov. Palin and I agree that you don't announce that you're going to attack another country.

Gotcha journalism, huh? I'm sorry, I'm having a hard time distinguishing between this and any other situation in which the press has questioned Obama or Biden on comments that they've made on the campaign trail. I guess one man's journalism is another man's ‘gotcha journalism.’

1 comment:

esk said...

I cringed (embarrassment, shock, etc.) while watching the Katie Couric interview w/Palin...tsk, tsk. So sad.